Who we are
Our website address is: https://remotedesk.co.za.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Terms Of Service
- We reserve the right to refuse any request for remote IT support
- We reserve the right to terminate any session resulting from illegal software, activity or content on the host machine.
- Remote IT support will only commence on completion of deposit payments
- Direct deposits and account holders reserve highest priority
- Deposits are refunded should the issue not be resolved and is based on the outcome of the session
- Refund process will take a minimum of 3 working days. Sessions are calculated per hour or part thereof
- Extended IT support hours will be quoted accordingly
- Extended IT support hours resulting from poor internet connectivity issues originating from the host side will be billed accordingly
- Sessions will be limited to reported issues only and any additional tasks must be authorised
- Unless authorised by RemoteDesk.co.za, remote support will not be allowed via Telephone, Email or any other means other than TeamViewer or Anydesk
- Remote IT support is reserved for South African residents and corporate entities only
- Remote IT support extended hours resulting from incorrect information provided by remote host operator will be billed accordingly
- Each session must be approved as resolved by remote host operator by completing Session Result form
- Once a session is marked as resolved, any new requests for previous issues will be billed as a new session
- Sessions are not recorded in any way and your security is of utmost concern to us
- Secure and Trusted Session information, ie. Logins & Passwords, Remote Access Details, will not be documented nor captured for any reason and any session notes will be destroyed upon confirmation of session status